About the Campaign
For our Pacific Island neighbours, climate change is a matter of survival.
Extreme weather, shifting rainfall and rising seas are damaging lands and livelihoods and leaving many at risk of hunger and homelessness. When big polluters damage our climate it affects us all, but some people are hit harder than others, and our Pacific neighbours are on the front line.
Take the action and demand that the Minister for the Environment and Energy Josh Frydenberg, help create a cleaner, brighter future for everyone by committing to:
- Ending Australia’s climate pollution; and,
- Increase financial support for climate action to Pacific communities.
Learn about the campaign to Stand with the Pacific by downloading the campaign toolkit.
Are you ready to take action?
Below you’ll find the resources you need to get your community to stand with people in the Pacific and to demand that the government take more action on climate change.
- Head out in your community and collect petition signatures on our Pacific postcards.
- Host a climate exhibition – at the heart of this campaign are the communities of people that are already battling the impact of climate change in the Pacific. This exhibition captures the impact and the determined action of our neighbours in the Pacific.
- Get creative and create your own tactics!
Contact your Community Campaigner for postcard petitions and the exhibition images.