Start or join an Oxfam on Campus group today and find out why we’re on more than 20 campuses nationwide. Oxfam Uni groups are a fun, dynamic way to meet fellow students and learn more about campaigning and social justice issues — while making a real impact.
“The best part of being involved in Oxfam would be knowing that I’m making a difference in the world. It’s great having a community of university students who are also trying to make an impact.”
– Leanne, Oxfam Curtin University Group
What do Oxfam groups do?
During the semester, Oxfam on Campus groups:
- Work on current Oxfam campaigns,
- Host 2-3 events on campus per semester, including stunts, meetings, movie screenings, panel events, market stalls, hunger banquets, OXJAM gigs, and heaps more!
- Keep Oxfam up to date about events each month via the campus monthly form.
- Get Started > Get the Oxfam on campus handbook and learn how you can start making a difference on campus
- Start or join a group > Click the button above and let us know you are interested and we will get in touch!
What support does Oxfam provide?
- Regular campaign and skills training for groups throughout the year on campus and at Oxfam state offices.
- A monthly youth newsletter updating groups on campaigns and showcasing activism and campaigning taking place on campus around the country.
- Regular SMS updates about events, training and opportunities.
- Connection to other Oxfam campus groups and community groups.
- Free materials! Freebies for O’week events as well as stuff to give away thought out the year – badges, campaign materials, stickers, flyers, highlighters, t-shirts, etc.
- Campaign toolkits and campaigning resources as well as regular catch ups and mentoring with state based staff.
How to run an Oxfam Campus group?
There are some guidelines and requirements for running an Oxfam on Camps group. Oxfam group members must be positive representatives for Oxfam and be on message when sharing information about Oxfam’s work.
Read through the Oxfam on Campus Affiliation Form for the full guidelines and details.
We’ve got a bunch of resources for you activism on campus. Check out the Oxfam on Campus Resource Portal for more campaigning resources, social media tips, training resources and useful forms.